DID YOU KNOW ?
The History of Cats
Between 5,000 and 10,000 years ago the Egyptian people discovered that having wild cats around their homes and grain storage had many benefits. They kept the number of mice, rats and even snakes down, which made life much easier and saved tons of grain. As years passed, the cats and kittens became more and more friendly.
- Cats have more bones than humans, 230 to be exact
- A cat has 37 muscles in each ear
- The oldest cat on record lived to be 34 years old!
- Kittens begin to dream as early as 1 week old
- A cat can jump seven times as high as it is tall
- Cats have a special ability to land on their feet when they fall-but they can still get hurt
- Cats don’t really have nine lives-they only have one (just like you and me)